Friday, October 15, 2010

Get your ball on


One of the best things about living on res?

Communal showers?
NO.
Drunken people knocking on your window. On a Tuesday night. At 4.30 am?
No.
Res Ball?

YES! I was wondering when you would guess!

Each year there is a ball where those that live on campus get extra jazzed up, GHD their hair like never before, then get absolutely, unbelievably, unfathomably shit.faced. (sorry mum)


My girls at last years ball (I was the amazing photographer)


However- the worst part about living on res?

Finding the PERFECT res ball dress. 
Actually, thats hardly the WORST thing. It's probably one of the most fun. What a doofus.

Which brings me to my next pic: my twenty-ten res ball dress


http://images.asos.com/inv/media/4/0/0/2/1342004/multi/image1xxl.jpg
Isn't she ama.zing?!!

You will soon learn, young smell-hopper that I am not black-wearing-ball-attending kinda gal. I go for the exciting and the floral. FLORAL is my FAVOURITE thing to wear. Capitals tell you its the truth as I can hardly contain my excitement at this dress. I made approximately 538 spellings boo-boos just then because my fingers can hardly remain attached to the brain nerves.

And just to get more in the mood, my friend Lexie tonight decided to get into the ball spirit and wear a ball gown to KFC. Oh, I have some super wacky friends. Their wackieness just puzzles me.
Lexie rocking KFC ball style, but keepin' it real in a hoody
There you have it.
What do you think of my ball dress?
What is your favourite way to get in the mood for a special occasion?
Share the love! I'd love to hear from you!
Mslle ay  Rlate
x.

Oh, and PEE ESS, wanna see my amazing birthday cake?
Well you can't see the WHOLE thing. My lovely friend Margot ate a quarter of it while she was...lets say...drunk. Yep. As a skunk.
It was still delicious!

Thanks Margot





3 comments:

  1. bahahaha lexie! and margot!
    love the dress mel.
    mine is an LC Lauren Conrad for Kohls dress i bought on ebay months ago - i like to be prepared hahaha actually i just needed an excuse to buy it and res ball was perfect :)
    xx


    also: please get rid of word verification for your comments .... its real annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    LOVEEE the dress! too cute for words! I love floral too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Floral will never go out of fashion in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete