Thursday, October 14, 2010

What a Smelly birthday

Hai!

So on the 12th I turned the big 2-0 (not that big really!) and it was simply one of the best birthdays ive ever had! I had a shit tonne of assessments to do, and I had class 10-3.30 on the actual day- but it was still amazing for some reason!

Then last night I hit the Lighthouse (pretty much UC's version of uni bar) and celebrated in epic style with my nearest and dearest!

Margot, Ellen, Me and Mon pre-drinking

It's funny, I always thought I wouldn't feel any different leaving my teens behind and turning 20- but actually, at risk of sounding corny, I actually feel a little grown up! BIG thing- i'm one of the most hypo people you will ever meet, and at my short 158cms I really do look like a 12 year old.

So, i've stolen a little "getting to know you quiz" from my amazing friend Rin at http://rinniez-rinniez.blogspot.com to mark my 20-ness. Think of it like a bit of a new-age-blog time capsule- let's see if anything has changed in a few years!



1. where are you from and where do you call "home"?
I was born in Canberra but when my parents separated when I was two my mum and I moved to a small country town in the central west called Cowra. I lived there until I was 18 when I moved back to Canberra to go to uni! 

My dad still lives down here so I guess I call his place home. I slightly call res home, but most of all Cowra is my home.



View from my 'thinking rock' in Cowra

2. What is your favourite pizza topping?
I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE BBQ chicken and bacon but recently my boyf and I discovered this amazing Italian eatery called (do I dare advertise?!) Little San Severo. My absolute favourite pizza from there is a seafood one and I can eat the whole thing nearly...attractive, right?


Love/hate relationship
3. Where is your ideal holiday destination?
Somewhere rich with history. I can't wait to explore Europe, but so far i've frequented the islands of New Caledonia.
My favourite of these is Vanuatu. I've been there about three times and love the laid back atmosphere and blue, warm, amazing water and sea-life.

 
Vanuatu, Google style from http://fbc-wa.org/Hirtzels/about.html

4. Where do you want to be in 10 years time?
Sitting in my office editing a successful magazine with an amazing, inspiring staff surrounding me and a supportive dude that doesn't get angry when I rush out the door at seven am and return at midnight on deadline.

I've made a promise to myself to be an editor by my 27th birthday. I've been interning since June 2009 at a mag at ACP and straight after uni I plan to jump straight into making my promise come true.

Kids can happen sometime after that. No biggie.



5. What would you do on your perfect Sunday?
NOT catch a 3 hour bus to Sydney. BUT because I love my internship, the bus comes with it.
On the Sundays I don't catch my bus, I would love to lazily wake up and just hang out with my friends. Eat some greasy food to quell the pain of the night before and laze around on the grass. in the sun. listening to tunes. laughing. poking little childre--I  mean, loving life.


Lazy Sundays



6. Tell me something random about yourself.
This is my generic answer:

I can fit my whole fist in my mouth. I either have an abnormally small hand or an abnormally large mouth- I think its a bit of both.

Tell me what are your hopes for the future, your favourite things to do and what makes you smile on the inside and out.

Smell ya later
x.



No comments:

Post a Comment